Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pix and Music






Soooo....it's a Jake day. Deep into Chapter 3 on my way to 4 and this intense male is all over my head with a nice dose of Daughtry's, You Don't Belong on my player right this moment.

It's a dark and twisty scene with Jake and my MFC, Sophie. I find that music is a main source of the emotions that come through the scene for me. The driving beat and the confusion is necc to keep the scene moving--even if I listen to the song 18 times before the scene's done.

Anyone else feel the same when they're writing a particularly draining scene?

3 comments:

Super_Kiwi July 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Gorgeous man there.. *sigh* he is delicious!

Music is a big part of it for me -- for me I listen to the scene and I try and make the scene play out in my head -- you know like it does on a movie when a song is played.. and then I TRY lol.. to put it to words. That's the hard part.

Good luck with Dark and Twisty ;)

The Goddess Hathor July 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Lovely pictures. Holy Hannah what a sight to wake up to this morning :)

For me, it's not necessarily music, it could be just a single line that does it for me. For me, music is just the background noise more than inspiration. Depending on what I have to do, I change the music. Speed metal when I'm under deadline, classical when I'm trying to brainstorm, jazz/blues when I'm trying to get in a mood...stuff like that :)

~ Hath

Cari Quinn July 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Wooo, helllloooo Jake! :)

As you know, we're of like minds here. :) Music is essential, like air. I can't write without it. Hell, I can barely function without it, LOL

Great to see you blogging!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP