Saturday, December 13, 2008

12/12/2008 - The Ice Storm



The ice cometh. The ice destroyeth.
You should seee the area. The ice was so fierce Thursday night that it actually cracked trees in HALF.
Power is out for more than half the area--and I do mean MORE than.
40,000 people without power in Albany County alone.

It's ridiculous. I can't even believe what it did to the area at large. The streets aren't icy or snow covered but the trees are. The trees are the ones causing all the trouble.

Bowing into the streets, into houses, onto cars, twisted in powerlines, pinning people into their houses.

It's like nothing I've ever seen.

Trees that are over 30-40 years old are cracked down the middle, exploding out like it was a lightning strike.

Mother Nature was a righteous bitch Thursday night and she was determined to be heard, let me tell you.

We were lucky--power came on late Friday evening while I was asleep. It was so cold and dark--what else was there to do? LOL

Now--all we hear is the sound of chainsaws and diesel engines as the cleanup begins.

2 comments:

Super_Kiwi December 14, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

That makes me cold just by looking at that! Brrrrr. So glad you were safe and not TOO long without power. WOW.

How can something look so pretty yet so lethal all at the same time.

Cari Quinn December 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

I agree...those photos are strangely beautiful, but I know all too well how awful ice storms can be. Glad the power's back on and you're warm and safe now. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP