Friday, January 16, 2009

16 Things...

Cari Quinn (crit partner extraordinaire) put this up on her blog, so I'm just going to answer mine on my own blog. ;)



1) Favorite beverage? Mt. Dew--almost all varieties--except Code Red.

2) I started writing by entertaining a childhood friend with a story about our favorite rock stars. I was oh...about 14.

3) I used to be a storyteller--see #2. I used to tell them out loud first. Then changed to paper soon afterward.

4) I'm an epic JoviHead. Even have a bit of fanfic out there. My 'first' book isn't in a drawer. The good, the bad and the ugly is on the Internet for anyone to see.

5) I've been to 3 colleges and only have an AAS in Graphic Design.

6) I finished my first NaNoWriMo right out of the gate--first year I tried it, I finished it.

7) I'm an official member of the RWA!

8) Facebook is my current addiction, with a quickly mounting obsession with blog building.

9) I've seen Dirty Dancing, literally over 100 times. My Mom and I watched it twice every weekend for just about a year. It was also the first movie that I paid to see twice in the theater.

10) I have no sense of direction. It's comedy at its best when we do roadtrips! BUT, I always make it there! GPS does help, let me tell you!

11) I'm a self taught egghead. I love the computer. I should just officially call it my BF.

12) My favorite author is Nora Roberts/JD Robb. LaNora is my inspiration. I ran out of books from her (is that possible?! LOL Well, it was back in the late 80's, she wasn't as prolific yet.) and decided to give it a go. Oy! Talk about terrible. LOL But she's the reason I picked up the pen.

13) I'm a little addicted to TV. Yeah--it's a sickness. Sexual Tension and couples that just may never be are my favorites. LOL ie. Bones. *sigh* Hellooo DB!

14) Cari and I are Rhapsody addicts. Half of our crit night is passing songs back and forth.

15) I'm petrified of the R letter. I know I have to get at least one. LOL I just don't want to see that thin little letter in the enevelope with my name on it. Bills are bad enough, man!

16) Two things I really want? To make my living as a writer and to have an office that's shaped like a tower with a wrap around desk and me in the middle with walls of books and electronics.
LOL


Okey doke--there's me! Feel free to pass the 16 around.

5 comments:

Cari Quinn January 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Great list, Tara! I was hoping you'd do one. :)

I have too many things to comment on, so I'll just say I've seen DD about a gazillion times ("just put your pickle on everybody's plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me") and I totally forgot to mention getting published as one of the two things I want! LOL But I do want a hot tub and a fireplace really bad...I love me some heat! And yes, that's why I write romance. ;)

Oh...and my word verfication for blogger? impork Good thing I like Miss Piggy.

*scurries back to work*

Helen Hardt January 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

We have something in common, Tara. I have no sense of direction either. My dh totally doesn't get it. Seriously, it's so bad, that when I walk out of a store in the mall, I have no idea which direction I came from.

TaraLeigh January 16, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Ooh---Helen. We're very much the same. LOL I do the same thing everytime too! LOL

Okay--Impork?!
LMAO!
Now that's priceless Cari. LOL
And man--that line from DD, I can hear it in my head.
I think I need to watch that again!

'Nobody puts baby in the corner.'

Super_Kiwi January 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

ROTF - this was great and I had to go and do it as well of course.

I have good sense of direction --- I just suck at reading maps so when we ever roadtrip. I'm not to be in charge of maps LOL.

And DD! Hell yeah! A classic.

Neurotic January 17, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Oh Tara, I am so with you on lack of directional sense; it took me a month to memorize the way to work from train station - it is a 10 minute walk.

And laptops make the best boyfriends: they fit in your purse, they hold everything you possibly need, they remind you of important dates, and give you answers to important questions like when is HRH touring next :-p

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP