Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goals Ending 2/1

Another week down---another set of goals to achieve.
I think I had a case of overkill when it came to the whole goals last week. Even unemployed I couldn't fit all that in!

Spoke with Carolynn tonight and we agreed Cross Purposes needs a freakin' OVERHAUL. The NaNo was good to get the juices flowing--but now I have to rearrange the tide. Miranda is getting a repurposing. Nate is getting an ACTUAL story and there will be a plot! YAY!

God help me. LOL

Home is on it's final stretch--about 15 chapters to go to finish that badboy. So definitely 1 chapter this week and working HARD to get a 2nd done in the Bonus portion of my goals.

Writer's Digest is holding it's Annual contest due on May 15th. It's a 4 thousand word story in any genre I like. So, I'm going to figure that out and set myself up for an outline. So--brainstorming session for that one. It's hard to write anything THAT short for me these days. So it's going to be a challenge.

It's also my SWAG - Schenectady Writer's Assistance Group goal to finish the rough before my next meeting in February.

Soooo....the hard truth in regards to goals.

Outline of CP
1 chapter Home

Bonus---1 extra chapter of Home
Mini bonus--work up idea for the WD 4k story.

3 comments:

Super_Kiwi January 26, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

Good job! These are very achievable, you can do it and get the bonus this week! hehe. I know you can! lol.

Ohh so a little overhaul for Nate and Miranda, sounds cool and will keep you busy!

The short story sounds like a great little challenge for you, something you're not used to being confined too that short! Look forward to seeing how you get on.

;)

Neurotic January 26, 2009 at 4:05 AM  

*putting on my project manager hat* I like this week's goals: clean, concise, and realistic for the time frame.

I don't know how you will do the short story. I think 'The Cabin' was your shortest yet. Well and that Birthday Biscuit from last year *evil smirk*

YAY about all surgery being done on CP. I liked them and they do need a proper HWH plot, ...etc :D

Oh and your Stu is a cutie – bigger than I imagined though in my head he was puppy-sized; do not ask me why! .. and is that the new XSP you got last year? How is he doing? How heavy is it?

And I SO LOVE your room motif ;-p

Helen Hardt January 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Hi Tara, I have the same problem with my NaNo project from last year. It needs some major work. And who has the time for that? LOL. My 07 project came out much better.

But hey, the books are done and on the pages. As La Nora says, "I can fix anything but a blank page."

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP