Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekly Goals Thru Jan 24th

Well here we go. Cari and I had a pretty fierce Crit/Chat session on Sat night and decided that we're fucking around far too much. We need to get some decisive goals going on and stop with the excuses. We'll never go anywhere if we keep TALKING about our writing. We need to do it.

Finish and submit this year for sure.

So..decisive goals is the deal of the day.

Every Sunday we'll post our goals for the week. And a daily blog post about what we did or didn't do for the day when it comes to our craft.

I have a feeling if it's in black and white, why we're not working on our edits or actually writing our novels then we'll stay on track. Helps with the whole public humiliation angle, I think. LOL

Also, because at the end of the day, Cari and I loooove to be lazy, we'll work for it. We've got a separate bonus program going in the meter on the side panel there. Each week we have a BONUS option on our list.

First Bonus is worth 5 pts.

And one OPTIONAL Bonus that's worth an extra 2 pts.

First one to 30 gets a guilt free day of lounging, watching a movie, reading a whole book if we want. Nothing that has anything to do with our Word Docs, writing or plotting and most definitely editing. LOL

Just a TARA Day or a CARI Day.



So...here we go.



GOALS Week of Jan 24, 2009:


  • 1 chapter HOME - 6+ pages
  • 2 chapter edits for Cross Purposes
  • Rough Outline of Strength In Numbers (working title)


BONUS - 2 extra chapters of Home
Opt Bonus - 1 extra chapter of edits for CP

4 comments:

Super_Kiwi January 18, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Alright! Woo!

Shall I get my tomatoes out? For the public flogging? ;)

Sounds like a GREAT idea to keep both of you focused. I'll be here cheering you BOTH on. You can do it, far too talented not to.

You can do it. This is YOUR dream so don't sell it short ;)

*muah*

Neurotic January 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

I shall be practicing my guilt tripping skills on you by end of week if I don't get those 3 Home chapters - yes I want the bonus ones too :-p

I had to wonder what CP was for a second lol *duh* Miranda story. I wanna read the edits too :D

I will try to finish a pom pom widget if you tick off all your goals for this week.

For now a verbal cheer: GOOOOOO TARA *muah*

Neurotic January 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

And another cheer for Cari of course :D

Cari Quinn January 19, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

We definitely can do this, Tara! What Tresca said is right. We can't sell our dreams short, gf! :)

My goals and what I've accomplished today have been posted. Don't forget which one of us set the daily midnight posting deadline. *ahem*

Thanks for the good wishes, ladies! We're going to do this with all your help and support. And a healthy amount of whip-cracking. ;)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP