Saturday, March 14, 2009

3.14.09 - RWA & The Review of All Reviews

DA REVIEW: Knight Moves


Um...I had to start off my daily with this. Because #1--it was mentioned at my RWA meeting today by KA Mitchell and seriously...I was already half laughing at it, but then I tripped over it in another blog post from Toni Andrews. So it was fate--I had to read it.

Seriously.

SERIOUSLY! *insert Grey's Anatomy's Meridith voice*

I think I might have hurt a kidney or popped a rib from laughing.

Holy Freakin' AWFULNESS. It's like a train wreck, plane crash and a scene from the movie Dodgeball all in one. You can't stop reading, you can't stop laughing and at the same time you're just horrified that it's now forever a part of your life.

As a writer, it pains me to have this level of response to an author that didn't intend on having this be a satire on erotica. If it was meant to be a comedy--then Bravo! BUT--I honestly think this was supposed to be her version of great writing.

Therein lies the horror.

In other news....I had a RWA meeting today. We played a round of 'speed dating' where you talk to someone for 3mins and move on. Talk about twittering! LOL It was fun, but man 3mins goes by SUPER fast! Talked to a good 25+ authors. What a great meeting.


And--in between TWITTERING - EVIL, I'm convinced of it. LOL I managed to get a little writing done on HOME. I'm doing some writing tonight as well.

I think the review was enough comedy tonight. LOL I put up a new Video of the Day below. A little 3dd. *sigh* LOVE this song--Landing in London. I used it in the HOME soundtrack.

3 comments:

Neurotic March 15, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

I said it last night and I will say it again:


SERIOUSLY??!!!!!

I don't think I can form coherent sentences to describe the few paragraphs I read, but words such as the following should suffice to describe the message: codpiece, lady-softness, happy juice... etc

And what KILLED me: her vagina that makes men immortal

I am torn between being completely horrified and laughing my way to the next century!

I so want to see "who" thought this was good writing *the horror*

Tara, where is 151?

Super_Kiwi March 15, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

LMAO I know -- man I had to read it all over again as it's just worth it..

PEE DAZZLING COCK is my favourite, ROTF! Oh man... this is just hilllarrrrious. I am with Summer, where is 151, LOL..

And Landing in London, *sigh* such a great song. Can't wait to see what other pearlers you produce in the upcoming chapters.

Cari Quinn March 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

LOL That's all I can say. Hilarious!

Glad you had a great meeting! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

LaNora *sigh*

So, I've been feeling sorry for myself and very blah lately about the whole writing thing--7 mins from this woman and I'm feeling better already. I can't stress enough how much I love, adore and admire this woman. SERIOUSLY.

Babble on...

The Crazies

Indulge Me



Matt Nathanson Radio


Click me if you LOVE escapism and Bon Jovi.
*-*


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP